Hunt’s Construction is seeking highly motivated craft professionals to join our team. If you are a General Construction Laborer and want to work alongside other craftsmen who emphasize safety, productivity and superior craftsmanship, this is your chance to advance your career! Starting pay for Construction Laborer is $10 – $15 per hour, based upon experience. We are seeking 2 – 3 full-time employees with experience in general construction available to start immediately.
This position is in North Platte, NE. It is a permanent, full-time, year-round position. Some travel is required. Transportation to job sites is provided by the employer. Hiring bonus is available based upon attendance and experience. Up to $300 hiring bonus with 90 days of perfect attendance.
IF YOU ARE APPLYING TO SATISFY YOUR UNEMPLOYMENT 2-JOBS-A-WEEK APPLICATION REQUIREMENT – – Please be warned that we are reporting all applicants who use our job listing to sit on unemployment. We will offer you a job at minimum wage (sometimes you live 4 hours from us) and if you turn it down then you will LOSE your benefits because you are NOT allowed to turn down work that you apply for. Stop wasting our time.
Prior construction experience
Ownership – Basic Hand Tools
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment in a team atmosphere
Able to lift up to 50-75 lbs. repetitively
Must be able to climb and work on ladders
(Hunt’s Construction is versatile construction company, with workers usually doing a variety many different tasks related to multiple trades.)
- Perform tasks involving physical labor at construction sites.
- Operate hand and power tools of all types, including: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments.
- Clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, and assist in building structures for residential, business and construction sites.
- Assist other craft workers.
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual laboring concrete, site work and framing projects; perform manual work in preparing surfaces for concrete.
- Pick up debris, tools, and equipment every day; secure job site before leaving for the day.
- Service machines, including pumps, compressors, generators, tractors and trailers.
- Use spray guns for application of material to ceilings or walls and be able to grind and rub walls.
- Assist in concrete pours.
- Loading and unloading of trucks; haul and hoist materials.
- Ability to communicate with residents and members of the public in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Follow direction of Foreman and Equipment Operators as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
- Advise the Foreman/Equipment Operators of any requirements for maintenance or repairs.
- Shovel dirt within construction area as defined by grade fill specifications given by foreman/operator.
- Load and unload material manually, haul and hoist materials (pipe, box culverts, supplies).
- Balance on roofs, which might have very steep pitches.
- Replace damaged or rotting joists or plywood.
- Install vapor barriers or layers of insulation.
- Install shingles, asphalt, metal, or other materials to make the roof watertight.
- Cut roofing materials to fit around walls or vents.
- Cover exposed nail or screw heads with roofing cement or caulk to prevent leakage.
- Review design plans to minimize the number of cuts and waste.
- Cut drywall to the right size, using utility knives and power saws.
- Fasten drywall panels to interior wall studs, using nails or screws; Trim and smooth rough edges so that boards join evenly.
- Put tiles or sheets of shock-absorbing materials on and into ceilings.
- Construct building frameworks, including walls, floors, and door frames.
- Install structures and fixtures, such as windows and molding.
Must have a valid driver’s license and prior construction experience.
Hunt’s Constructions performs the following scope of work:
- Commercial Snow Removal
- Framing and Remodeling
- Carpentry and New Construction
The applicant must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- be honest and trustworthy
- be dependable
- willing to work hard
- demonstrate sound work ethics
- deal with the public in a positive, courteous and respectful manner
- be available for on-call commercial snow removal services
- responsible to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- professional attitude & appearance
It is unavoidable that outdoor conditions may create hardship for the applicant including the frequency and duration of adverse environmental conditions. It is hot roofing in the summer and it is cold working construction in the winter. Unfortunately, Mother Nature doesn’t always make this trade enjoyable. Because work is often done at significant heights, applicants must not fear working far above the ground.
The nature of physical effort leading to physical fatigue . . . the Laborer has a physically strenuous and demanding job. They will be lifting, pulling, shoveling and laboring. The Laborer must ensure that all activities are completed in a safe and efficient way.